MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper
- The Janet Knowles Breast Cancer Program
- Gastrointestinal Cancer Center
- Gynecologic Cancer Center
- Genitourinary Cancer Center
- Lung Cancer Center
- Melanoma Center
- Orthopaedic Cancer Center
- Neurologic Cancer Center
- Hematologic Cancer Center
- Head & Neck Cancer Center
- Rare Cancers Program
- Aero Digestive Program
- Palliative Care Program
- Integrative Oncology Program
- Survivorship Program
Patient care extends beyond our outstanding clinical services. We recognize the emotional and spiritual toll that cancer can take on the lives of patients and their families. To address these needs, we provide patients with a wide variety of support services, such as behavioral medicine, complementary and integrative medicine, nutrition counseling, and social services to help manage life during treatment and recovery.
MD Anderson at Cooper Highlights
- With more than 400 physicians, nurses, therapists, technicians, and other staff, MD Anderson at Cooper is South Jersey’s largest and most comprehensive cancer program.
- Patients at MD Anderson at Cooper have access to some of the most innovative and advanced diagnostic imaging and treatment tools in the world.
- As faculty of the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University, our physicians are on the forefront of medicine, offering the most advanced diagnostic services and treatments available today.
- Each year our physicians, nurses and outreach staff conduct thousands of free, life-saving screenings and any necessary follow-up care for oral, breast, cervical, skin, prostate, and colorectal cancer for those who may not have the resources or access to these services.
- Our pathology department has the advanced technology and clinical expertise to provide specialized testing to determine biochemical attributes, hormone receptor status, and genetic characteristics of cancer cells - information that is critical to determining the most effective treatment plan for each patient.
- Through the William G. Rohrer Cancer Genetics Program patients have access to risk assessment, genetic testing and counseling, as well as long-term, follow-up counseling for those at high risk for developing cancer or for those who have been diagnosed.
- MD Anderson at Cooper is a Main Member of NRG Oncology, a research group that is part of the National Cancer Institute’s National Clinical Trials Network. Membership in the NRG Oncology group provides our clinicians with the opportunity to take part in groundbreaking, multidisciplinary, disease-site focused clinical research, as well as translational biological studies.
- Our Cancer Survivorship Program addresses the physical, psychological, and educational needs of patients who have completed cancer treatment focusing on identifying, preventing and controlling any long-term and late effects associated with cancer and its treatment. The goal is to help our patients live long, happy, and fulfilling lives.
- In addition to its 4-story, 100,000 square foot home in Camden, MD Anderson at Cooper provides comprehensive multidisciplinary care at locations in Voorhees, Willingboro, Mount Laurel, and Egg Harbor. Cancer clinical services are also available at additional locations throughout South Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Recognitions and Accreditations
- MD Anderson Cooper is accredited by the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer as an Academic Comprehensive Cancer Program – a recognition given only to the top ﬁve percent of cancer programs in the nation.
- The Janet Knowles Breast Cancer Program has been accredited by the American College of Surgeon’s National Accreditation for Breast Centers – recognition given only to those centers that are voluntarily committed to providing the best possible care to patients with diseases of the breast.
- Our Department of Radiation Oncology is accredited by the American College of Radiology for its safe and comprehensive radiation oncology service.
- Cooper’s Breast Imaging Program is accredited as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology for its outstanding mammography, ultrasound and MRI services.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield has recognized MD Anderson at Cooper as a Blue Distinction Specialty Care Program for Cancer Care.
- The Digestive Health Institute, located in Mount Laurel, NJ, has been reviewed and approved as a certified MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper location and has been certified by the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy for meeting high standards in quality and safety.